- It helps you manage your inventory. You know what supplies you have on hand and when you are running low and need to reorder.
- It’s cost effective. You save insurance dollars by not over ordering supplies and by being efficient with those you have.
- It makes your home safer for your child. You can save precious time and even a life by finding supplies quickly in emergency situations.
Get involved with ordering medical supplies
- Know exactly which medical supplies you are using in the home. Become familiar with each item.
- Keep track of your inventory. The PHS supply sheet itemizes each item your child uses by type, description, code and the minimum amount you should have on hand at all times for safety—allowing you to quickly see what you have, what you need, and when and how much to order. If you don’t have a supply sheet, contact a PHS customer service representative at 651-642-1825 to have one sent to your home specific to your child.
Utilize a three-tiered system, adapting it to fit your child’s needs
- Keep most supplies in a central supply area, categorized, stored, and organized according to need.
- Keep supplies used by your child daily by the bed.
- Have an emergency set of supplies available as back up and another set for use when you leave home in a convenient travel bag.
Can you add to the conversation about organizing homecare medical supplies? Do you have any organization questions or tips you’d like to share with other families? We’d love to hear from you.