Our commitment to you
Living with a complex medical condition can be very stressful for you, your child, and family. We hope that by providing high quality services we can make life just a little easier for everyone.
Should we fall short of this commitment, please feel free to tell us your concerns, complaints, or comments regarding care, service, medications, supplies, or equipment.
We assure you we view your feedback as an opportunity to improve our service, and your concerns or complaints will be heard. We will make every effort to reach a mutually agreed upon solution.
A 3-step process
File a complaint by phone, mail or in person.
Your concerns will be reviewed by The PHS Management team.
You will receive a response from PHS within five calendar days.
- Your information will be held in the strictest confidence.
- PHS will in no way seek reprisals because of a complaint.
- All complaints and resolutions are reviewed monthly at our Quality Improvement Committee meetings.
PHS is accredited by The Joint Commission. If your concerns cannot be resolved by PHS, you are encouraged to contact The Joint Commission by phoning 1-800-994-6610 or online at www.jointcommission.org.
Equipment and supply complaints
Promptly responding to complaints about any equipment or supply provided by PHS is important to us. Please contact us if you suspect any PHS product is damaged or defective.
We will need:
- The product name and reorder number
- The defective or damaged product. NOTE! If you no longer have the defective or damaged product AND a replacement is needed, you will be charged for the replacement.
- A detailed explanation of what you think may be wrong with the defective product and the length of time you used the product before it stopped working as it should.
All damaged or defective products are examined in our Biomedical Department and forwarded to the manufacturer if further testing is needed. After testing the product to determine the defect or cause of damage, a report will be created.
If the defect is covered under manufacturer warranty for the product, an exact replacement product will be sent to you at no charge. Please note that you will be charged for any product ordered by you as a replacement if the defect is NOT covered under manufacturer warranty or there is damage as the result of obvious misuse/abuse. PHS will communicate to you the report of the testing details as provided by PHS and/or the manufacturer.