What We Do
You don't need to send a child to the hospital for pediatric infusion therapy – you can send us to them.
Experienced infusion teams
Our PHS team has experience treating newborns, children, and adolescents and includes infusion nurses, doctors of pharmacy, respiratory therapists, dietitians, Private Duty nurses, a medical social worker, and educators.
- Each treatment plan is created to meet the individual needs of your child. We oversee your child's medication use to keep him or her safe at home.
- We teach families what to do and when to do it.
- We provide patient assessment, education, and lab monitoring.
- We offer Private Duty nurses and partner with other nursing agencies to deliver care outside the 11-county metro area.
Proven pediatric progress from a specialized provider
Children change in size, weight, and metabolism faster than adults, so PHS certified infusion nurses and certified pediatric nurses work with our nutrition management and infusion pharmacy services to create plans tailored specifically to kids.
We give young patients the best chance to feel better – at home.
PHS offers a wide range of pediatric infusion (liquid given through a vein – IV) and related services, including:
- Anti-infective infusion therapy
Treatment to eliminate infection
- Hydration infusion therapy
Treatment to increase the amount of fluid in the body
- Chemotherapy and symptom management
Medicines to treat cancer and the side effects of cancer treatment
- IVIG and SQIG Immunoglobulin
Treatment given through a vein (IVIG) or under the skin (SQIG) to improve the way the immune system works
- Corticosteroids infusion therapy
Medicines to reduce inflammation or swelling
- Total parenteral nutrition
Treatment that gives nutrition through a catheter in a vein
- IV enzyme replacement therapy
Treatment to replace or supplement enzymes
- Inotropic infusion therapy
Treatment to improve the action of the heart
- IV catheter care supplies and flushing solution
Medicines and dressings to keep a catheter open and clean
- Post-transplant medications and monitoring
Treatment and supervision given after an organ, bone marrow, or stem cell transplant
- Enteral/food pump systems
A food pump feeds a person formula through a tube that goes directly to the stomach or goes to the stomach through the nose.
- Other specialty therapies
We will consider providing any prescribed medicine if there is a process or a process can be created for giving it safely at home.
- Lab draws
Our infusion nurses go to your home to take a doctor ordered blood sample and deliver it to the laboratory for testing.