Know the Nurses: Arlun Saelee
Today in Know the Nurses we’re introducing you to one of our private duty nurses, Arlun Saelee, RN, BSN, who has been with PHS since May 2012 . We already know these nurses provide comprehensive, round-the-clock care for patients in their homes every day, but here are a few fun facts about Arlun you might not know.
- Working at PHS has opened my eyes to another generation – pediatrics. Prior to this I only worked with adults and now I’ve grown a passion for working with kiddos.
- I love to travel – I just came back from Hawaii a few weeks ago; visited family and relaxing at the beach was the best part! I’ve been to Las Vegas, California (San Francisco, San Diego and L.A.) and Florida (Ft. Myers and Orlando). My next trip is to Chicago in May.
- I attended college at Minnesota State University, Mankato, where I obtained my BSN.
- I am a proud pet owner to my 18 month old miniature dachshund, Sophie.
- I love playing sports – or attempt to! My favorite sport is volleyball.
- My favorite season is spring because of my birthday, the beautiful weather and the blooming flowers.
- I am the youngest of 5 and only girl.
- I went into nursing because I had a passion to care for others and helping others has always made me feel good. I enjoy knowing I can help to make a difference in someone’s life, and seeing them develop and accomplish goals is so rewarding.
- I have 9 nieces and nephews; and two more on the way! I am a very proud aunt.
- I am a fan of Minnesota sports teams – the Twins, Vikings, and Timberwolves
- I am also a big UNC basketball fan – go Tarheels!
- I was born in Thailand – someday I would love to travel there and see where I came from.
- I speak two languages – English and my native language, Laotion.
- The most adventurous thing I’ve done is para-sailing on spring break last year in Ft. Myers, FL.
- Being a nurse is so rewarding and brings tons of joy to me.
We love learning more about private duty nurses and hearing their stories. Do you know a PHS nurse who you’d like to see highlighted?
If you’re interested in starting your career with PHS, click here.Originally published: April 9, 2013