Know the Nurses: Rebecca Hamilton
If you have a private duty nurse in your home, you already know what an important part of your life they become. Today in Know the Nurses, we’re introducing you to one of our private duty nurses, Rebecca Hamilton, RN, who has been with PHS since January. We already know these nurses provide comprehensive, round-the-clock care for patients in their homes every day, but here are a few fun facts about Rebecca you might not know.
- I’ve been taking care of kids since I was 8! My mom did daycare and foster care while I grew up and I always loved having kids around.
- I owned my own daycare for 12 years and recently started my new career as a nurse.
- I’m married with two beautiful daughters.
- We have two dogs and a hamster. One of the dogs likes to give kisses to the hamster.
- I love camping with my family – we are taking a trip to Yellowstone this summer.
- I absolutely love pediatric nursing. Kids bring so much joy! (Even when they don’t feel so well)
- I am crafty! Scrapbooking is one of my favorites. I also knit, sew and do needle work.
- I love gardening…not a huge fan of weeding though.
- I actually enjoy cleaning! My kids tell me I clean too much.
- There are many, many nurses on both sides of my family!
- I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes.
- We have had some odd pets, including a baby bunny my daughter caught with her hands in our yard and two baby squirrels my husband brought home (I got up every 4 hours and fed them.) All the critters are back in the wild!
- My husband and I enjoy hunting for wild mushrooms and other edible plants.
- My favorite treat is cupcakes! I never turn them down. Ice cream is a close second.
- I like working out. Right now I am a member of a kickboxing gym!
We love learning more about private duty nurses and hearing their stories. Do you know a PHS nurse who you’d like to see highlighted? Leave his or her name here or on our Facebook page and we’ll take it from there! If you’re interested in starting your career with PHS, click here.Originally published: June 17, 2014