Respiratory Equipment Basics Lab (Instructor Led)
This hands-on lab is a supplement to the online learning Respiratory Equipment Basics course. You must complete the course before you can take the lab. Participants will have the opportunity to practice
- Suction machine setup and proper suction technique
- Resuscitation bag use
- Assemble an airway humidification system
- Safely use and change an oxygen tank
- Practice setup and use of in-home oximetry
The optional lab takes place at Pediatric Home Service in Roseville, Minnesota. NOTE: This is not a skills competency. Each employer is responsible for ensuring their staff’s competence.
- This is a one hour lab, limited to six people.
- Please come prepared to do return-demonstration of the materials covered in the online course including the use of suction, oxygen, heated humidity, resuscitation bags, nebulizers and monitors.
- The lab starts on-time. If you cannot be on time for the lab please reschedule for another session.