Milrinone Therapy Course
Milrinone Therapy builds on foundational knowledge presented in PHS' IV Basics course. Completion of IV Basics is strongly recommended before taking this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of the presentation the participant will be able to
- Identify the primary physiologic impact of positive inotropic medications such as milrinone.
- Identify the most common conditions for which patients are treated with milrinone in the home setting.
- Discuss common side effects of IV milrinone therapy.
- Describe vascular access device considerations for milrinone therapy, including catheter type and flushing protocols
- Discuss safety factors to consider for milrinone therapy, including the need for backup equipment, drug mixing, pump programming, and the need for an Emergency Action Plan.
- Describe the pre-admission process for an in-home milrinone patient.
- Discuss the need for patient assessment parameters, and give four examples of parameters.
- Identify the steps required for a milrinone bag change.
- Identify the three critical points to teach the caregiver for managing a milrinone patient in the home setting.
If no session dates are listed please contact PHS to schedule a class date.
Already registered for this class? Sign In Now.