PHS Home Care for Pre-and Post-Organ Transplant Patients
Pediatric home care is what we do. For more than two decades, PHS has provided compassionate, comprehensive, specialized, high quality in-home care to pediatric patients, no matter what their medical challenges.
A multidisciplinary PHS team, experienced in working with pediatric patients pre-and post-organ transplant, works together with a patient’s physician, health care team, and entire family to provide family-centered care along with needed services.
- Some medications for organ transplants require frequent monitoring of lab values. PHS pediatric infusion nurses are available to obtain these labs in the child’s own home.
- PHS infusion nurses, home care nurses and pharmacists provide medications and, as necessary, IV hydration ordered by the patient’s physician.
- PHS dietitians provide individualized nutritional counseling for children needing extra help with nutrition.
- PHS home care nurses provide scheduled visits or round-the-clock care.
- The PHS medical director attends team care rounds and presents medical updates and new treatment modalities in caring for organ transplant patients.
- A clinical social worker provides individual therapy and support in locating additional information, programs, services and community resources specific to the patient’s diagnosis.
- PHS provides medical equipment and supplies needed by a patient with childhood cancer.
- PHS provides 24/7 on-call assistance to families receiving our service.
Meet PHS patient Lexi
About organ transplants
When an organ within a person’s body is failing or has failed due to illness or injury, they may require an organ transplant. Organ transplantation is a medical procedure which removes an organ from one body and places it into the recipient.
Before and after an organ recipient undergoes surgery, they require medical care to ensure they are prepared for the procedure prior and remain healthy following.
Explore articles and videos on pediatric infusion therapy
Ready to learn more about PHS?
We'll support you with tools and information to help you switch providers or begin infusion services.Get started