Sibling Support- taking care of the family
PHS knows that taking care of the child means supporting the whole family. Sibling Support will provide a safe place where a small group of 6 siblings of medically complex patients can process their thoughts, work through their feelings and express themselves.
- Siblings of medically complex patients
- Ages 6-11 years old
- Limited registration of 6 children per program
- Fall session: September 20 – December 13, 2018 (no session November 22) from 5:30-6:30pm.
- Program held in the spring and fall
- Program to be held at PHS, 2800 Cleveland Ave. N Roseville, MN 55113
Each session will vary slightly from the one before as the group gets to know one another better and the needs of each participant are identified. However, you can expect a combination of the following activities:
- Ice breakers/introductions
- Classroom style discussion and activity related to the weekly theme
- Arts and crafts related to the weekly theme
In addition to the child activities, the parents will meet in a separate room for the last 15 minutes of each session to discuss pertinent topics from the session and recommendations moving forward with the PHS Clinical Social Worker. This will enable parents to be active in this program with their child.
Because this is a therapeutic program, PHS will be submitting to insurance on behalf of the participating families.
If you prefer for this not to be processed through your insurance, we do have a private pay option that can be discussed with our Clinical Social Worker in the follow-up call.
In addition, PHS does not have a contract with Health Partners (but does from PMAP Health Partners), so private pay will be available for all families who carry this insurance.
To see if your child qualifies for Sibling Support or for more information please fill out the form below and our Clinical Social Worker will be in touch within one business day.