Caring to the Core
Our mission and guiding principles represent more than just words – they are the foundation that dictates how we improve the lives of our patients every day.
As a company built on the belief that children should be able to receive care at home, where they can be surrounded by family and in their community, each member of this passionate team is guided by the principles that are ingrained into every decision and action made at Pediatric Home Service.
We make a difference in the life of every family we serve by taking care of the child, so that children with medical complexities can achieve their best lives at home and in their communities.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Celebrate everyday wins (We celebrate the success of our co-workers & company)
- Answer every call (We make ourselves available to our families & patients first)
- Start and end with the family (We care compassionately for our patients & their families)
- Work as a team (We coordinate our efforts with each other)
- Get better every day (We are always learning & improving)
- Lead the way for pediatric home care (We advocate for quality homecare in the broader healthcare community)
- Do what’s effective – lose the rest (We balance simplicity & effectiveness)
- Communicate without fear (We ask for feedback and offer it thoughtfully)
- Find a way (We resourcefully find a solution)
PEDIATRIC CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
As a pediatric center of excellence (PCoE), we improve the quality of life for children and access to care in a manner that is family & patient-centered, customer service driven, clinically excellent, innovative, technologically advanced, ethically sound, sustainable, and community-responsive.
PHS believes that children with medical complexity deserve excellence in all aspects of their life. The PCoE model helps us to create an organization that elevates the environment of care available to these kiddos and families in their communities.
Focusing equally on each of the six pillars, we are able to use our 30 years of experience with this population to bring clinically excellent, comprehensive services to patients and healthcare professionals. We serve as important partners throughout the community and emphasize the value of developing strong relationships that are founded on trust.