- Data Stored on Our Servers
Storage Provided by Us. If you opt to store personal data of any kind on our servers, you understand and agree to abide by our general practices and limits concerning use of the Offerings available on our Site, including without limitation the maximum number of days that uploaded content will be retained, the maximum disk space that will be allotted, and the maximum number of times you may access the services in a given period of time. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any content maintained or transmitted on or through this Site. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to remove or terminate accounts that remain inactive for longer than 365 days, or in cases where you have violated one or more terms of this Agreement.
- Privacy & Security
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
Types of Information We Collect. In order to better provide you with the medical supplies and accessories offered, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Aggregate Information.
- Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this Site, such as registering for an account, downloading or purchasing a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in the user forums, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. Examples of PII may include your first and last name, email address, mailing address (including zip code), telephone and facsimile numbers, medical insurance plan information, ordering prescriber, and other identifying information. When ordering products or services on the Site, you may be asked to provide a credit card number.
- Aggregate Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Site and what other sites may have directed you to us. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points to the site you just came from, which URL you go to after visiting our Site, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
How We Collect Information. We do not collect any PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain PII to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) sending us an email message; (c) submitting a form or transmitting other information by telephone or letter; or (d) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. When processing certain information, such as payment information with affiliated banking institutions or payment processors, we encrypt the transaction, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, to prevent your PII from being stolen or intercepted. Additionally, your credit card information is never stored on our servers. If you provide your email address to PHS you may receive electronic communications from us. PHS adheres to the CAN-SPAM guidelines and will honor users requests to opt out of email communication at any time.
In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar tracking technologies on our site as such pixel tags. We use these technologies to serve interest-based ads, or to improve our understanding of site traffic, visitor behavior and promotional campaigns. Pixel tags are small blocks of code installed in or on a webpage, mobile app or advertisement and are a method for passing information from your device to an associated third-party website (such as Facebook and/or Instagram).
- Login Required: To access some of the Offerings on this site, or to post User Content, you may be asked to set up an account and password. Our account registration page requests certain personal information from you (“Registration Info”). You will have the ability to maintain and periodically update your Registration Info as you see fit. By registering, you agree that all information provided by you as Registration Info is true and accurate and that you will maintain and update this information as required to keep it current, complete and accurate.
- Passwords & Security: If you register for an account on the Site, you agree that you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your password and that you are fully responsible for all activities or charges that are incurred under your account. Therefore, you must take reasonable steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. Our employees will never ask you for your password.
Release of Information. We will not sell, trade, or rent your PII to others. We do provide some of our product and service offerings through contractual arrangements made with affiliates, service providers, partners and other third parties (“Service Partners”). We and our Service Partners may need to use some PII to perform tasks between our respective sites, or to deliver products or services to you. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on this Site; release your address information to the delivery service to deliver products that you ordered; and provide order information to third parties that help us provide customer service.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide PII to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, we will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
Updating and Correcting Information. We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the PII that you have provided to us. You may change any of your PII in your account online at any time by linking to your account in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Site. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by emailing or writing us at:
Pediatric Home Service
2800 Cleveland Avenue North
Roseville, MN 55113
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your PII if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
Security of Your PII. At our Site you can be assured that your PII is secure, consistent with current industry standards. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII. For example:
- We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete and current. We encrypt all PII in order to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us. We also only keep collected information only for as long as reasonably necessary and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- We limit access to PII only to specific employees, contractors and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your information. For example, we may provide members of our technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with the Site.
- Additionally, we also employ a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect PII. Our secure servers and our data centers are protected by industry-standard encryption, and our servers reside behind firewalls and employ high-level password protection.
- Finally, access by you to your PII is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
In order to most effectively serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking institutions and processing agents (such as PayPal). They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children. PHS does not collect, process or use on our website, any information relating to an individual we know to be under 13 years old, without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. We do not give children the ability to post or distribute personal information without prior consent. We do not entice children with games or contests that would encourage them to disclose personal information.
Miscellaneous. You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose PII about minor visitors.
Pediatric Home Service
2800 Cleveland Avenue North
Roseville, MN 55113
Attn: Privacy Officer