Benefits at a glance
New hires are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following their date of hire, provided they meet the hours and eligibility requirements. To be eligible for Health & Welfare Benefits you must be a full-time, regular employee, working 30 hours per week. Part-time employees are eligible for Voluntary benefits (Voluntary Life, Accidental Injury, and Critical Illness). When eligible, you may enroll yourself and your eligible dependents prior to your effective date.
Health coverage is offered through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota.
- You will have your choice between two networks
- Both plans are High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP), meaning you can open and contribute to an HSA regardless of which health plan you elect.
- Specific sites may have coverage through a different insurance, but the plan designs will be similar.
|Medical Benefit||$3,000 HSA Access/Aware In-Network|
|Annual Deductible (Individual/Family)||$3,000 / $6,000|
|Preventive Care||100% deductible waived|
|Office Visits||100% after deductible|
|Diagnostic X-Ray & Lab||100% after deductible|
|Complex Radiology||100% deductible waived|
|Hospital Care||100% deductible waived|
|Emergency Room||100% deductible waived|
-Preventive and maintenance medications are covered at 100%
|100% deductible waived|
|Annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum (Individual/Family)||$3,000/ $6,000|
As an additional plan feature, PHS is pleased to offer the option of a telemedicine program through 98point6.
- On-demand primary care delivered through a private and secure in-app messaging experience on your mobile phone.
- This service is available to employees and their dependents who are enrolled in a PHS health plan at only $5/visit.
Health Savings Account
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a bank account in your name in which both you and PHS can deposit funds on a tax-free basis if you are enrolled in the Qualified High Deductible Health Plan.
- You can use the funds in your HSA to help pay your medical deductible and coinsurance, plus other eligible medical, dental, and vision expenses.
- Any funds in the account that you do not spend will roll over into the next year and remain available to you.
- The HSA is your bank account, and should you leave PHS you may take the account with you.
- PHS provides a market-competitive HSA contribution which is contingent on your participation in the wellness program.
Dental coverage is offered through Delta Dental. The Dental plan offers a wide network of national providers and provides coverage for routine preventive visits, basic and major services.
|Dental Benefit||Delta Dental PPO|
|Calendar Year Deductible||None|
|Basic/Major Care||80% / 50%|
|Lifetime Orthodontia Max||$1,250|
|Calendar Year Benefit Max||$2,000|
Vision coverage is offered through EyeMed.
- The vision plan includes benefits for eye exams, eyeglasses, and contacts, as well as discounts for various lens enhancements.
- The vision plan utilizes the Insight Network with EyeMed.
Life AD&D Insurance
PHS provides eligible employees, at no cost, with a basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit through CIGNA.
- Maximum benefit of 100% of your base salary up to $100,000.
Short Term Disability Insurance
PHS provides eligible employees, at no cost, with Short-Term Disability coverage through CIGNA should they become disabled with a non-work-related illness or injury.
- After being disabled for 7 days, you may be eligible for up to 60% of your pre-disability weekly earnings to a maximum of $1,000 per week for up to 12 weeks.
Long Term Disability Insurance
PHS provides eligible employees, at no cost, with Long-Term Disability coverage should they become disabled with a non-work-related illness or injury.
- After being disabled for 90 days, you may be eligible for up to 60% of your pre-disability earnings to a maximum of $8,000 per month for up to 3-year own occupation.
- If disabled from any occupation and upon claim approval, the plan may pay benefits to your Social Security normal retirement age.
Voluntary Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is offered through Further.
- Use your pre-tax dollars on dependent daycare expenses.
- A Flexible Spending Account is not a savings account; plan design requires all contributions to be used each year or risk losing any unused balance at the end of the plan year.
- The maximum you can set aside for 2021 into a dependent care FSA is $5,000.
Voluntary Life AD&D Insurance
PHS provides you with the opportunity to apply and purchase Voluntary Life Insurance through CIGNA.
- This plan is 100% employee paid via payroll deductions.
Voluntary Accidental Injury Plan
This coverage is intended to help you with unexpected expenses when you or a family member is injured in either an on or off the job accident. In addition, if you and your family members are enrolled in this coverage, you are each eligible for a $75 wellness benefit per year that can be earned by getting one of many preventive tests or a flu vaccine.
Voluntary Critical Illness
This coverage can help offer financial protection in the event you are diagnosed with a critical illness. This benefit provides a lump-sum cash benefit to help you cover the out-of-pocket expenses associated with a critical illness. Covered illnesses include Cancer, Coma, Heart attack, Severe Stroke, etc.
PHS provides a competitive 401k match. In addition, the plan includes:
- Automatic enrollment at 2% into a default investment alternative unless you choose to opt-out or specify otherwise
- Automatic escalation annually on January 1st at 1% (up to max. of 15%) unless you choose to opt-out or specify otherwise
- A ROTH option for post-tax contributions
- Company matching funds are 100% vested after 6 years of service (Acquired employees will be credited for their previous years of service)
All contributions will be deducted from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis (except ROTH contributions) and contributed to your retirement plan account each pay period. You will be able to direct your contributions into over a dozen diverse investment options that represent a broad spectrum of the market. Each participant may elect to contribute up to 100% of their gross income up to a maximum dollar amount set by the IRS.
Paid Time Off & Holidays
Generous PTO accrual & eight holidays (pro-rate for part-time). In addition, employees are eligible for up to five days of paid leave for bereavement, jury duty, and donation of bone marrow.
|Length of Service||Days/Year|
- Individual growth and professional development is encouraged.
- PHS pays the full cost of pre-approved dues related to certain professional associations and a defined amount for professional training.
- PHS offers clinical classes to employees at no cost.
- Employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement for approved education related to their jobs.
Home Care Nurses
- PHS offers a number of shift differentials for all home care nurses.
|Baylor||4 additional hours of pay *|
|Assurance||Paid at base when eligible**|
*4 additional hours of pay for working 3 consecutive weekend shifts 4 out of 5 consecutive weekends
**Assurance Pay is a benefit for nurses who are canceled from their regularly scheduled work hours by family request, patient admit, or company request for relocation of work that results in fewer work hours for the nurse.
Contact us to for more details about PHS benefits.
This summary is intended to convey general information and is not an exhaustive analysis. Should there be any discrepancies herein, the plan document will supersede these materials. Please reference your plan documents for additional details.