Pediatric Home Service Named Passy-Muir Center of Excellence
St. Paul, Minn. – Among only 10 other facilities nationwide, Pediatric Home Service (PHS) has been recognized as a Center of Excellence by Passy-Muir, a manufacturer of speaking valves for tracheostomy and ventilator patients.
Passy-Muir created the Centers of Excellence program to recognize the facilities that utilize their speaking valve as a standard of care. Proven to decrease recovery time and enhance the quality of life, Passy-Muir® Valves provide patients with several benefits including improved voice communication and increased oxygen absorption.
To become a Center of Excellence, PHS met a number of requirements, including:
- Identification of a multi-disciplinary team for tracheostomy care and Passy-Muir Valve application
- Utilization of the Passy-Muir Valve in-line with the ventilator
- Written policies and procedures regarding Passy-Muir Valve application that are reviewed by Passy- Muir, Inc.
- Utilization of Passy-Muir educational opportunities
- Completion of an on-site clinical in-service from a Passy-Muir Clinical Specialist
- Documentation of importance of education and support when serving the tracheostomy and ventilator population through patient-focused video: Confidence in Care: Life with a Trach
“Education, knowledge, and a constant strive for excellence is extremely important to everyone at PHS, because it means we can provide the very best for our medically-complex patients,” says Bruce Estrem, Manager of Clinical Education at PHS. “Being named a Center of Excellence demonstrates our commitment to providing that highest level of care and will potentially allow us to serve as a Passy-Muir Valve resource for others.”
To view the other Passy-Muir Centers of Excellence recipients, visit passy-muir.com/coe.
About Pediatric Home Service
Based in St. Paul, Minn., Pediatric Home Service is an independent pediatric homecare company that helps medically-complex, technology-dependent children live safely and successfully where they’re most comfortable, at home with their families, rather than in a hospital. Pediatric Home Service has been partnering with healthcare professionals and family caregivers for more than two decades to deliver compassionate, specialized, high-quality care to children with special medical needs.