Instructions for Use
Your child’s provider has recently identified that based on lab results, he or she has high levels of bilirubin in their blood cells. This condition, which is known as hyperbilirubinemia, or neonatal jaundice, is common in newborns and can be easily treated at home with a process called phototherapy.
Accessing Your Training Video
The equipment you’re being sent home with today is called the BiliSoft 2.0 Phototherapy System. The following video will explain how to use this product. The instruction manual is also available for you to access.
During your child’s phototherapy treatment, daily blood tests are necessary to check bilirubin levels that determine whether continued treatment is necessary. These labs will be drawn at the location that was determined by you and your provider.
Your clinic will notify you when your child’s bilirubin levels have returned to a normal range and phototherapy is no longer needed. Please refer to the sheet titled ‘Instructions for Return’ to have your equipment picked up when treatment is complete.
Call (414) 323-8747 right away to speak with a Pediatric Home Service clinician if any part of your BiliSoft 2.0 Phototherapy System isn’t working correctly. They will be able to help resolve the issue.
Instructions for Return
When your child’s bilirubin levels have been confirmed through a lab test to be in a normal range, you will be notified by their provider to discontinue use of the phototherapy.
At this time, you can prepare for the equipment to be picked up from your home by following these steps:
- Place your phototherapy equipment (including the base, cord, and lighting pad) in the garbage bag provided
- Set the bag in the cardboard box it came in, protecting it with the bubble wrap included. You do not need to return the folder or its contents.
- Seal the box with tape or by folding the four flaps to secure the top.
- Call PHS at (414) 323-8747 and let them know you have equipment ready for pick up
- UPS will pick up the equipment from you at your home the day after you call PHS. Please do not leave your equipment outside your home.
A Note from Pediatric Home Service
Home Healthcare Services for Kids.
It’s all we do.
For 30 years, Pediatric Home Service has provided healthcare for kids in the place they belong – at home. Whether the therapy needed is short-term or lifelong, you can trust that the team at PHS knows how to provide the best in pediatric services.
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your child’s phototherapy needs. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about who we are and what we do.