Instructions for Use
Your child’s provider has recently identified that based on lab results, your child has high levels of bilirubin in his or her blood cells. This condition is common in newborns. It can be easily treated at home with a process called phototherapy.
Watch a Training Video
The equipment you’ve been sent home with is called the BiliSoft 2.0 Phototherapy System. The following video will explain how to use this product. The instruction manual is also available for you to access.
During your child’s phototherapy treatment, blood tests will be done each day to check bilirubin levels that show whether continued treatment is necessary. These labs will be drawn at the location that you and your provider have decided on.
Your clinic will let you know when your child’s bilirubin levels have returned to a normal range and phototherapy is no longer needed. Please use ‘Instructions for Return’ below to have your equipment picked up when treatment is complete.
Call 414-323-8747 right away to speak with a PHS clinician if any part of your BiliSoft 2.0 Phototherapy System isn’t working correctly. We will help you fix the issue.
Instructions for Return
Your child’s provider will tell you when to stop using the phototherapy. It is important to return the phototherapy equipment when finished. To return the equipment, follow the steps below.
- Place your phototherapy equipment (including the base, cord, lighting pad, and these instructions) in the garbage bag provided. You can keep the other documents you have received.
- Place the bag into the black carrying care that came with the equipment. Place the carrying case into the provided cardboard box.
- Fold the four flaps on the box to secure the top. Seal the box with tape.
- Call PHS at 414-323-8747 and let us know you have equipment ready to pick up
- UPS will pick up the equipment from you at your home the day after you call PHS. Please do not return the equipment to the clinic.
A Note from Pediatric Home Service
Home Healthcare Services for Kids.
It’s all we do.
For 30 years, Pediatric Home Service has provided healthcare for kids in the place they belong – at home. Whether the therapy needed is short-term or lifelong, you can trust that the team at PHS knows how to provide the best in pediatric services.
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your child’s phototherapy needs. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about who we are and what we do.