Advanced Ventilator Skills Review
This class is an equipment troubleshooting and emergency response review for experienced home care staff. You will be expected to expertly and independently demonstrate assessment and troubleshooting skills in a simulated home environment. Much of the class involves hands-on review of ventilators, tubing circuits, tracheostomy tubes, and other pieces of equipment used in the home settings. Time will be allotted to set parameters on a ventilator, change an oxygen tank regulator, and perform a tracheostomy tube change on a mannequin.
- Three (3) contact hours will be awarded to all participants.
- Class is limited to four participants. Special large group class arrangements on request.
Prerequisite: MINIMUM of 300 hours in-home ventilator care, Trach Tube Essentials class, AND Trilogy Ventilator, or Pulmonetic Ventilator class.
Objectives: Following the presentation, you will be able to
1. Expertly and independently demonstrate assessment and troubleshooting skills in a simulated patient environment.
2. Demonstrate the proper handling of an oxygen tank, including changing the regulator.
3. Explain emergency preparedness for fire, severe weather, and extended power failure.
If no session dates are listed please contact PHS to schedule a class date.
Already registered for this class? Sign In Now.