View all Infusion Courses
Home Care Documentation and Legal Issues
In this class you will learn how to properly document a home care visit. Topics include
- Documentation standards (State and Federal laws, RN Scope and Standards of Practice, Nurse Practice Act, Joint Commission, Medicare/Medicaid, professional organizations)
- Basic principles of documentation
- Computerized and hand-written documentation
- Documentation Do's and Don'ts
- Legal implications and how to limit your liability
- One (1) contact hours will be awarded to all participants
- Special large group class arrangements on request
Objectives: Upon completion of the presentation the participant will be able to
- Identify the importance of understanding the current standards of practice and your state's Nurse Practice Act.
- Explain the importance of safe and complete documentation.
- Identify basic information that is required when documenting in the medical record and tips for improving documentation.
- Identify documentation errors to avoid.
- Define negligence.
- Identify skills that will reduce your liability risk.
If no session dates are listed please contact PHS to schedule a class date.
Already registered for this class? Sign In Now.