PHS Home Care for Patients With Cystic Fibrosis
Pediatric home care is what we do. For more than two decades, PHS has provided compassionate, comprehensive, specialized, high quality in-home care to pediatric patients, no matter what their medical challenges.
A multidisciplinary PHS team collaborates to do everything possible to help our patients with cystic fibrosis live life to the fullest – at home.
- The primary treatment for cystic fibrosis is respiratory so PHS respiratory therapists teach patients and their families about the treatment and the disease.
- PHS infusion nurses complete the laboratory tests and administer intravenous medications in the home.
- Nutritional status is shown to be directly linked to lung function in individuals with cystic fibrosis. The better the nutrition status, the better the lung capacity will be. Because nutrition is so important for CF patients, PHS dietitians help maximize each patient’s nutritional status.
- PHS home care nurses provide scheduled visits or round-the-clock care.
- The PHS medical director attends team care rounds and presents medical updates and new treatment modalities in caring for patients with cystic fibrosis.
- A clinical social worker provides support in locating additional information, programs, services and community resources specific to the patient’s diagnosis.
- PHS provides medical equipment and supplies needed by a patient with cystic fibrosis.
- PHS provides 24/7 on-call assistance to families receiving our service.
Meet PHS Patient Emily R
About Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease that causes mucus in the body to become thick and sticky. This mucus builds up and often causes problems in organs of the body. The lungs are affected, often leading to significant breathing problems. The pancreas and liver are also frequently affected; it is often necessary to monitor it with laboratory studies. Children with cystic fibrosis have a difficult time gaining weight, and growing and developing optimally without medical intervention.
Explore articles and videos on pediatric infusion therapy
Ready to learn more about PHS?
We'll support you with tools and information to help you switch providers or begin infusion services.Get started