ENFit Feeding Bag Transition Status
All PHS provided feeding bags, with exception to the Infinity Orange (Moog) bags, have transitioned over to the ENFit connection with the white temporary adapter.
Orange bags will be available in spring 2017.
Feeding Connection Options
PHS recognizes the challenges some families have experienced with the white temporary adapter leaking, cracking or disconnecting from the feeding tube extension. We have two options that we recommend families try if experiencing this:
Feedings using the ENFit connections.
With first use:
- Remove the feeding bag from the package, completely remove the attached ENFit temporary adapter and put it in the trash.
- Twist the ENFit connection on the feeding bag into the ENFit connection of the feeding tube or extension.
- Begin feeding.
Feedings using the ENFit temporary adapter.
Before each use:
- Remove the attached ENFit temporary adapter from the feeding bag. Put temporary adapter back on, rotating one half turn. Do not over tighten which could lead to cracking.
- Completely dry temporary adapter prior to connecting to the feeding tube or extension.
- Begin feeding. Use an AMT clamp (item #43000) to help hold connection together if disconnecting has been an issue during feedings.Watch this video on how to place an AMT clamp with the ENFit temporary adapter.
- Immediately following completion of feeding PHS recommends removing and thoroughly washing and drying the ENFit temporary adapter between feedings. Leftover formula may cause the ENFit temporary adapter to disconnect from the feeding tube or extension.