PHS Home Care for Patients With Osteomyelitis
Pediatric home care is what we do. For more than two decades, PHS has provided compassionate, comprehensive, specialized, high quality in-home care to pediatric patients, no matter what their medical challenges.
A multidisciplinary PHS team collaborates to do everything possible to help our patients with osteomyelitis live life to the fullest – at home.
- Because this treatment takes time, with the medication being given over several weeks, some providers order antibiotics to be administered at home. PHS infusion nurses and pharmacistsprovide in-home antibiotic therapy for patients with osteomyelitis.
- PHS provides 24/7 on-call assistance to families receiving our service.
- PHS infusion nurses provide intravenous medication administration, laboratory blood draws, and line maintenance for patients with peripheral lines, port-a-catheters, and peripherally inserted central catheter lines.
- PHS pharmacists understand the special medication needs of pediatric patients. Being sick or in pain, missing school and friends, or being poked for intravenous medication administration and laboratory draws is no fun and can be scary for children. We also ensure families and caregivers understand each ordered procedure or therapy before it is carried out.
- The PHS medical director attends team care rounds and presents medical updates and new treatment modalities in caring for patients with osteomyelitis.
- A clinical social worker provides support in locating additional information, programs, services and community resources specific to the patient’s diagnosis.
- PHS provides medical equipment and supplies needed by a patient with osteomyelitis.
Ready to get started with PHS? Click here.
Osteomyelitis is an infection within the bone or skeletal system, usually caused by bacteria that enter the bone through the blood, a wound or injury, or during surgery. Treatment with intravenous antibiotics is common.
Ready to learn more about PHS?
We'll support you with tools and information to help you switch providers or begin infusion services.Get started